1. To collect, preserve, interpret, and exhibit objects and information relating to the Chesapeake Beach Railway and the towns and resorts of Chesapeake Beach and North Beach, as well as general topics of railroad and local history.
2. To preserve and protect the structure of the Chesapeake Beach Railway Station while maintaining the building and grounds as a public space.
3. To provide educational services to include programs, exhibits, audiovisuals, and publications for the use of students, educators, and the general public on the history of the Chesapeake Beach Railway, the towns of Chesapeake Beach and North Beach, railroad technology and history, and bayside resorts.
4. To enhance community pride through identification of citizens with the history and traditions of their community, and to further community relations.
5. To foster tourism in southern Maryland, especially to the Twin Beach area.